To avoid too much clutter during the art themed party, make sure that you:
• cover the painting area with a waterproof covering or old newspapers
• provide an overall or old clothes to protect their clothing
• instead of using stamp for block painting, substitute a small sponge, a ball of cotton wool, cork or tampon, or sliced fruits and vegetables
• provide powder water colors since these are more preferable than the usual watercolors because you can control the amount your children need
• make sure to keep the paints in small plastic containers which has a hole on top for the paint brush
• use plastic egg cartons as palettes
• add some liquid starch to thicken up the powder instead of adding extra powder or add liquid starch in a container and add some food coloring
If monitored properly, the art class theme can be the most memorable experience that your child as well as his or her friends or classmates could ever experience. Remember, it pays to have lots of patience when you use this theme because kids can be unruly if they start to have fun or mess around with the materials. When this happens, all you to do is to remind them subtly by telling them that they are in a party and they are not supposed to destroy the materials because the celebrator will be sad.
After the kids birthday party, you can give the artworks the children have made as souvenirs to one another or to their parents so these can be displayed on their respective houses.